Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Two new books

I'd been carrying 2 Barnes & Noble gift cards in my purse for a year, so today I stopped in and purchased, "A Republic, if you can keep it," by Neil Gorsuch, (2019) and "Call sign Chaos" by Jim Mattis, (2019). I rarely buy books, but these looked like keepers. In fact, I think it was Hugh Hewitt who said the Mattis book would still be read 100 years from now. I doubt that, but in today's environment a few months would be good.  So I’m calling them a present to myself, even though I think I got the cards for Mother’s Day.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I was rereading this blog, and noticed the title, "Call sign Chaos" by Jim Mattis, (2019) on April 14, 2022. I looked on my shelf and can't find it. Must have turned it into the library for resale, but I don't think I read it. But while looking for it, I found Becket Cook's book, which I must have received for review. "A change of affection; a gay man's incredible story of redemption." (2019) I've watched many of his YouTube videos. Had forgotten about the book.